Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 5- Golf

Ok, this one might sound a little ironic. It could be that it is currently 8:30 at night on the second night of working till 6pm again, and I’m not thinking clearly.
But this is a serious blessing. Golf has been a strong blessing (I’ll leave the Football blessing for later) for me. The main reason that Golf has been a blessing is that it is fun, which in itself needs no defending. GOD gave us fun for a very good reason: he loves us.
Now for some people the concept of golf being fun makes no sense, but golf can really be fun. There is something enjoyable about trying to chase a little white ball into a small hole 400 yards away, and thinking that taking 5 shots to do that isn’t good enough (actually reminds me about how some government people feel about standards test).
The weather is nice, I’ve met some great people, and played on some of the most beautiful places around. Just ask anybody who has ever been to number 7 at Pebble Beach and think that GOD doesn’t like golf. Personally I think that GOD meant to put a golf hole there.
Golf has also taught me so much patience and humility. There is something beautiful about a game that just when you think you may know how to play this game, and then the next moment you see your ball slicing toward the water and a double bogey in your sites. And then there is the fact that missing the three foot part can mean so much at the moment, but a few minutes later you’re drinking a beer and nobody cares.
Golf is a great game, and I want to thank GOD for it.

No comments: