Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 3- My Friends

Another blessing that I want to Thank GOD for is my friends. As a teacher I spend so much of my time talking to my students about the friends they make, and how you become who you associate with.
Well, if that is a gauge, I feel honored, because I have some really good friends. And like my family, my friends each deserve their individual Thanks, but I feel blessed that GOD has put people in my life who have made such an impact.
I amazed the way GOD has put this friends in my life. My best friend came about only because his dad had the unfortunate assignment of being sent to Fresno, away from his family, and met my dad. Two years later, my dad recommended him for another assignment in the middle of Sumatra (we were living there at the time). From there we chased each other around the world, and he was there in the most critical point of my life, and I was there for him at his most critical point.
And then there was the time I got on a ski lift, and a guy started talking to me. Now he and his wife are like a second set of parents (in a good way). I met another one of my friends in a teacher credentialing interview, and thought he was a complete nut. I met some friends by being hired for a job I had absolutely no qualifications for, and all my friends at work are there because I subbed at the school.
The thing is: it doesn’t matter how I met these people, it’s that they are so important to my life. I can definitely say that I owe my home to a friend (I bought it from him). I also find it amazing how I can meet with one of my friends who I haven’t seen in a couple of years, and were right back where we were. I went to a high school reunion 17 years after I graduated from high school, and there were people I hadn’t even thought about for 17 years. The funny thing is that we were right back to where we were. Ok, we did catch up, and talk about the old times, but our friendship was the same.
GOD has put so many wonderful people in my life, it is almost like he intended them. Like he chose that specific person to walk into my life, and be there for me. I owe these people so much, and I have nobody else to thank beside GOD.

No comments: